The purpose of the Dothan Education Foundation Teacher/School Grants is to provide Dothan City Schools an opportunity to enhance the educational experience for students by supplying funds for activities that would otherwise be unavailable – activities outside the scope of normal funding.
Friday, May 18, 2018
Grant Project Guidelines:
- Grants are restricted to teachers or principals who work in a Dothan City School.
- The project should be academically related and meet specific instructional needs.
(Funding for field trip activities will not be accepted)
- Your request should not be a project routinely funded by local school system resources.
- The school principal must approve the project by co-signing the grant application by the deadline.
- Equipment/Materials from the awarded project(s) remain the property of the school should a teacher move/retire.
- The DEF will provide notification regarding site visits of awarded projects.
- The DEF reserves the right to publicize any grant-funded project to help advance the Foundation’s mission.
- Equipment purchases should be part of the project, not an end in itself. Equipment requests require an educational objective demonstrating the incorporation of the requested equipment as an integral piece of the project.
- If the request is identical or very similar to a previously funded project, prior success and ongoing need must be demonstrated.
The DEF requires an evaluation of the project by May 17, 2019.
You may submit the evaluation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail to the Dothan Education Foundation, P.O. Box 1827, Dothan AL 36302.
To be eligible for subsequent grants, a final project evaluation must be filed.
- Dothan City School teachers may apply for grants of up to $2,500.
- Dothan City Schools (principal or representative) may apply for grants up to $5,000.
- Number of Grants awarded will be based on funds allocated by DEF for 2018-2019
- Notification of funding will take place at the DCS Institute
(Grant Instructions will be given at this time)
- Awarded funds must be requested through DEF prior to November 1, 2018
- The project directly impacts students, has a concrete goal and contributes to ongoing improvement.
- The proposal clearly demonstrates what the project will achieve and how.
- The project’s effectiveness can be clearly measured and evaluated.
- The project budget is clear and realistic.