The business community can make donations with the assurance that the Dothan Education Foundation (D.E.F.) and its programs have pinpointed needs within the Dothan City School system and will channel donations and funds where they will make the most impact.
Typical contributions from business leaders have become grant allocations to teachers to fund special projects and helped obtain new technologies to enhance learning among students. The foundation is unique from other education foundations in that it tailors funds to needs specified by educators and district officials.
Through financial and in-kind support, business leaders can help Adopt-A-School! Dothan and Dothan City Schools meet the shared goal of helping today’s students to achieve personal success and become the highly trained, skilled and educated worker that will promote future economic development.
It’s no secret that industry officials seeking to move to a community that places high importance on the quality of the school system. They do this because they know the school system will educate their children, their employees’ children, and their future workforce.
Through Adopt-A-School! Dothan, companies and their associates can help improve our school system in the following ways:
- reading with or tutoring students
- providing internships, on-site classroom tours ,or job shadowing opportunities for students
- providing financial support to purchase athletic equipment
- providing sponsorships or funds to pay entry fees for students participating in state or national competitions or conventions
- allowing employees who are parents of school-aged children to have leave time for parent teacher conferences or volunteer work
…and much more!
After an application process and approval by a school’s principal, our staff will work to best match business representative’s interests with available needs. We have even compiled a listing with suggestions of activities by business category that may provide some helpful ideas, and you can select involvement levels by number of volunteer hours pledged.
For more information, contact the Dothan Education Foundation at (334) 794-6585.